RIUH Talks: Turning Your Idea Into Reality
Have you ever been interested to know more about the founders of some of your favourite homegrown brands? Are you finally ready to chase that dream of running your own brand and being your own boss? If you've answered yes to any of the above OR are just generally curious to know and learn new things, RIUH Talks was made for you, you and you!
Centered on the theme of creativity and entrepreneurship, the first volume of RIUH Talks: Turning Your idea Into Reality is designed to bring the audience through the process of starting a business/passion project/little side venture/you name it, while at the same time giving you the chance to meet and have a chat with successful local entrepreneurs who will share their experience and the tips they have learnt through running their brands.
RIUH Talks (Vol 1) Turning Your Idea Into Reality will feature the following guest speakers:
- Nelissa Hilman, founder of Nelissa Hilman
Nelissa Hilman took a leap of faith in 2011, leaving behind a career of chemical engineering to pursue shoemaking in Italy. Upon her return, she founded her namesake footwear label with a dedication to creating classic everyday designs. She has since collaborated with local and international fashion designers, visual artists and design studios.
- Dahlia Nadirah, founder of SO.LEK Cosmetics
Dahlia Nadirah founded SO.LEK Cosmetics in 2016 through her combined experience in the banking industry and digital branding. Her goal to create affordable, high quality products that celebrated Malaysian heritage and culture.
- Joseph Poh, founder of WonderBrew Kombucha
Joseph Poh is one of the co-founders of WonderBrew Kombucha. He has always had a passion for business and entrepreneurship, and gained his experience working in the business and finance industry before deciding to start up a business of his own. In only a year, their brand is now stocked in over 80 locations.
- Adrian Cheong, founder of The Apothecary Malaysia
Adrian Cheong is the founder of The Apothecary Malaysia. After his experience working with one of the fastest growing companies in Malaysia, he decided to step out and combine his skills as a business consultant and a home cook to develop a line of solid colognes and grooming products. He has since expanded the brand across Asia.
- Moderated by: Affendy Ali Dally
What you will get:
- Insight into how to start your own business from individual sessions from each speaker + a fireside chat/panel discussion with all the speakers. Topics covered range from idea generation, conducting market research, writing your very first business plan, and finding the funds to launch your brand!
- A goodie bag with RIUH x Summorie stationery and vouchers worth RM40
- Refreshments during the break.
Join us to get to know the founders behind some of your favourite homegrown brands, get inspired and pick up some skills and gather up the courage to launch something of your own! It's now or never! :)
12:00 PM - 2:30 PM MYT
Early Bird ~ Feb 15 12:00 PM RM60.00 Regular RM75.00
- Venue Address
- 10, Jalan Tangsi, Tasik Perdana, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia